The popular leather products on the market can be divid […]
The popular leather products on the market can be divided into genuine leather and artificial Leather Base Cloth Material according to the material. The genuine leather includes the first layer leather, the second layer leather and the regenerated leather. The artificial leather is commonly known as PU leather.
1. First layer cowhide The first layer cowhide has obvious leather patterns, pores, soft and comfortable texture, but it is not very shiny. Usually the first layer of cowhide will be processed into "lychee pattern", such products are the top grade in cowhide.
2. The current leather processing technology of two-layer cowhide can uncover the cowhide into many layers. We classify the cowhide below the first layer into this category. This type of cowhide has no obvious skin surface lines and pores. The manufacturer makes the leather shiny after painting. mirror. This kind of leather has high smoothness and is easy to polish, but the hardness is relatively hard, the comfort is poor, and the strength and durability are not as good as the first layer of cowhide.
3. Recycled leather, also known as corrugated paper, is a cardboard-like material made by washing, softening, grinding, and adding adhesives from waste leather shavings from tannery and tannery. The raw material becomes leather board paper, which can be used as materials for leather making and box making.
4. Artificial leather is made of polyvinyl chloride, polyurethane and other resins as coatings and cloth and woolen cloth as the base material. It is generally not air-permeable. However, with the advancement of science and technology, artificial leather technology has become mature and the product quality has greatly improved. Especially in the aspect of artificial leather, it can be fake, and its breathability, softness, feel and appearance are getting closer and closer to natural leather.
Natural leather, recycled leather and artificial leather can be distinguished by the following methods:
1. Visual identification method: Firstly, identify the pattern and pores of the leather. The patterns and pores can be seen on the surface of natural leather, and they are evenly distributed. There are sports fibers on the reverse side, and the side section has obvious layers. The lower layer has animal fibers. Scrape with fingernails will cause leather fibers to stand up, with a feeling of lint, and a small amount of fibers can also fall down; the fabric can be seen on the reverse side of artificial leather, without animal fibers on the side, and generally without pores on the surface, but some have artificial leather and artificial pores. There may be inconspicuous pores, the pattern is not obvious, or there are relatively regular artificial patterns, and the pores are quite consistent; although the recycled leather has animal fibers, they are all short broken fibers, and there are no natural patterns and pores on the surface. .
2. Hand feel identification method: The leather feel is elastic. When the leather is facing down by about 90 degrees, natural wrinkles will appear. The thickness and size of the wrinkles produced are obviously uneven. It can be basically considered as genuine leather. , Because the dermis has a natural fibrous tissue structure. Artificial leather feels like plastic, with poor recovery, and the thickness and thickness of the folds are similar to each other.
3. Odor identification method: natural leather has a strong fur smell, even after treatment, the smell is more obvious; while the artificial leather and synthetic leather products have the smell of plastic, without the smell of fur.
4. Burning identification method: take a small sample and burn it with fire, mainly to smell the odor of burnt and see the status of ashes. Natural leather emits a scorching smell when burned, and the burned one is easily broken into powder; while artificial leather, synthetic leather, and recycled leather have a strong flame when burning, shrink quickly, and have an unpleasant smell. Plastic smell, sticky after being burned, and become hard and lumpy after cooling.
5. Freezing-heating test method: natural leather generally does not change in softness or hardness with the change of environmental temperature. Artificial leather and synthetic leather feel stiff under the freezing temperature of the refrigerator, but appear soft under the light baking.